Current:Home > MyBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Clarity Finance Guides
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 01:21:55
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (2)
Related
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- Teen Mom’s Catelynn Lowell Finally Launched a Cheeky OnlyFans for Tyler Baltierra
- 'They Cloned Tyrone' is a funky and fun sci-fi mystery
- Kevin Spacey acquitted of all 9 sexual assault charges by jury in UK trial
- Could Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft reunite? Maybe in Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2026 class
- Rob Thomas Reacts to Ryan Gosling's Barbie Cover of Matchbox Twenty's Push
- U.S. passport demand continues to overwhelm State Department as frustrated summer travelers demand answers
- TikTokers are zapping their skin with red light; dermatologists say they’re onto something
- B.A. Parker is learning the banjo
- Explaining the latest heat-associated deaths confirmed amid record highs in Arizona’s largest county
Ranking
- Trump's 'stop
- Mandy Moore says her toddler has a rare skin condition called Gianotti Crosti syndrome
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom offers to help negotiate Hollywood strike
- Damar Hamlin is at training camp months after cardiac arrest: A full go, Bills coach says
- 'Squid Game' without subtitles? Duolingo, Netflix encourage fans to learn Korean
- Irish singer Sinead O'Connor has died at 56
- Naked woman gets out of car at major Bay Area bridge and starts firing gun, authorities say
- Facebook parent Meta posts higher profit, revenue for Q2 as advertising rebounds
Recommendation
Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Hi Hi!
Home Sweet Parking Lot: Some hospitals welcome RV living for patients, families and workers
California Gov. Gavin Newsom offers to help negotiate Hollywood strike
Virginia athletics organization plans no changes to its policy for trans athletes
Military service academies see drop in reported sexual assaults after alarming surge
Israel’s top court to hear petitions against first part of contentious judicial overhaul
Cigna accused of using an algorithm to reject patients' health insurance claims
6 days after fuel spill reported, most in Tennessee city still can’t drink the tap water